German swimmer Andreas Waschburger and Italy's Arianna Bridi were the winners of the FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup races (men and women) taking place in Lac Megantic in Canada this Saturday August 13.
Waschburger touched home in 2h02m26s, while Bridi was the first in 2h10m57s.
North Amercian Charles "Chip" Peterson ranked second in 2h02m26s50, followed by Pepijn Smits of the Netherlands (2h02m30s).
Back to the ladies' race, Angela Maurer (GER) pocketed the silver medal (2h11m06s) while Olga Kozydub (RUS) ranked third in 2h11m53.
A total of 38 swimmers, 18 men and 20 women, representing nine countries, took the departure at today's event, which was the fifth leg of the 2016 circuit of the FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup.
MEDALLISTS IN LAC Megantic (CAN)
1. Andreas Waschburger (GER) 2h02m26s; 2. Chip Peterson (USA) 2h02m26s50; 3. Pepijn Smits (NED) 2h02m30s
1. Arianna Bridi (ITA) 2h10m57s; 2. Angela Maurer (GER) 2h11m06s; 3. Olga Kozydub (RUS) 2h11m53
FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup calendar
1. Patagones-Viedma (ARG) February 7, 2016
2. Abu Dhabi (UAE) February 26, 2016
3. Balatonfured (HUN) June 18, 2016
4. Lac St-Jean (CAN) July 28, 2016
5. Lac Megantic (CAN) August 13, 2016
6. Chun'An (CHN) October 9, 2016
7. Honk Kong (HKG) October 15, 2016