Japan's talents set for Shanghai qualifier
Japan's famous breaststroke aces Kosuke Kitajima and Naoya Tomita are in good shape and expected to swim well at the Japan Open.
WPWL 2011: Aussie Sharks men crush Kazakhstan, China women too good for Japan
The Sharks continued their unbeaten run with an 11-5 victory over Asian Games champion Kazakhstan — a side boasting eight stars from December’s championship team. Australia led by just 5-2 at halftime but had the game sewn up with an 8-3 margin at the final break. China beat New Zealand 12-6 in the other men’s game from an 8-3 halftime advantage. China has nine players returning from the Asian Games gold-medal final won by Kazakhstan.
FINA starts CoachTrue Programme
FINA is pleased to present the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) CoachTrue Programme. In order to meet the coaches’ learning needs and their demanding schedule, WADA has launched CoachTrue, a computer-based, self-teaching anti-doping tool.
CoachTrue’s elite-level module has the following features:
- Pre-Test: An evaluation of the coach’s current knowledge
- Tutorials: A series of presentations with voice-overs that provide essential information on the following topics:
1. Health consequences of doping
2. Coach’s accountability
3. Results management
4. Therapeutic use exemptions
- Scenario-Based Activities: A practical application of acquired knowledge to likely real-life scenarios
- Who Wants to Play True: A fun way for coaches to test their knowledge on anti-doping issues
- Post-Test & Certification: Once coaches have completed all required learning steps, including a final assessment (post-test), they receive a certificate of participation.
Gorman takes Crippen memorial swim in style
Set up to honour the late Francis ‘Fran’ Crippen, who tragically passed away during an open water swim in the UAE in October last year, Gorman was able to get the better of her US opponents Christine Jennings and Eva Fabian winning the 10km swim and sending a clear message ahead of the world championships to be held in Shanghai in July.
Shanghai 2011 OC holds meeting with Food Safety Experts
The Organising Committee of the 14th FINA World Championships had a meeting with food safety experts on the morning of April 26, 2011. Invited guests were Chen Junshi, member of Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering; Peter Ben Embarek, Department of Food Safety of WHO’s office in China; Wu Moutian, member of Doping Control Review Board of FINA and Deputy Director General，China Anti-Doping Agency and five other food safety and doping control experts.
Page 75 of 108