Doha 2014 - Youth Programme
FINA, in cooperation with the Qatar Olympic Committee and Doha 2014 Local Organising Committee will organise the 1st Doha 2014 Youth Programme in Doha (QAT).
Please find below information related to the organisation of the Youth Programme.
01. Programme Goals
- Inspire and motivate the young talented swimmers to become the stars of tomorrow
- Promote the communication & friendship among the programme participants
- Provide an overview of the latest training trends & techniques
- Showcase the cultural history, tradition & heritage of the State Of Qatar
Each National Federation can nominate a maximum of 2 athletes:
- 1 Boy (14-16 years old - born between 1998 and 2000 only) and/or
- 1 Girl (14-16 years old - born between 1998 and 2000 only)
The National Federation must ensure that both genders (male and female) are represented if they nominate the maximum.
In addition, each National Federation must send 1 Coach (National Coach at the Age Group Categories) in order to accompany the young athletes. The participants must be the top swimmers of the home country. If the top junior swimmers cannot attend, the next ones in the National ranking should be selected.
- The swimmer has to meet the above criteria
- The National Federation is participating in the 12th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m).
In order to register the participants, and to get the approval from FINA please complete the following Application Form.
Arrival: December 02, 2014
Youth Programme: December 03-07, 2014
Departure: December 08, 2014
Doha 2014 Organising Committee will be providing travel assistance for the Youth Programme participants in the form of the following:
- Round trip, economy class flight tickets
- Route: Country of Origin – Doha, Qatar – Country of Origin
For flight arrangements, kindly contact the Doha 2014 Organising Committee following the participants official registration through the FINA General Management System (FINA GMS).
Mohamed Al Sheeb, Doha 2014 Deputy Manager
Convention & Functions
Doha 2014 Youth Programme participants will be accommodated at the EZDAN Hotel & Suites (4 star ****, www.ezdanhotels.com) as follow:
- 6 nights hotel
- Full board
In the spirit of building and promoting friendship and communication during the Doha 2014 Youth Programme, participants will be accommodated in double occupancy rooms with the mixing of National Federations (same gender only).
06. Youth Programme activities
The Youth Programme activities plan will include lectures, workshops in sport science, swimming technique, training, team activities, sightseeing & visits and attendance to the 12th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) finals for both young swimmers and coaches. The detailed plan will be distributed in a separate communication.
Doha 2014 Youth Programme's language is English.
08. Hamad International Airport
D2014 staff will be identified by their uniforms and branding will be located throughout Hamad International Airport. Additionally Doha 2014 staff will operate two welcome desks, one desk coming prior to the immigrations counters and the second coming at the arrival hall. Doha 2014 staff will assist with any immigration, customs, or baggage issues participants may face while directing participants to the Transportation Team who will facilitate your transfer to the official hotel.
Airport transfers will be provided to all participants by Doha 2014 Organising Committee as well as local transportation for all official functions and events.
10. Visa Application
The Doha 2014 Organising Committee will be facilitating entry visas free of charge for Youth Programme participants. All countries, with the exception of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), must apply for entry visas to enter the State of Qatar.
Entry visa application procedures are as follows:
- Submit the relevant passport details and electronic passport copy through the FINA General Management System (FINA GMS).
- Once the application is submitted, applicants can track their status through the FINA GMS.
- Upon completion, entry visas can be downloaded from the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website using the passport number and nationality.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive an entry visa you must have a valid passport with an expiry date not less than six (6) months from the date of your visit. Only Visa applications submitted through the FINA GMS will be processed.
11. FINA General Management System
Please ensure that you register the athletes and coach that are attending the Youth Programme in the FINA General Management System by 31 October 2014.
Each National Federation has been provided with a username and password to access the system. You can access the system at https://data.fina.org
12. Application form
In order to register, please complete the application form and send it to the FINA Office by no later than August 15, 2014.
- Doha 2014
- Extraordinary Congress
- Youth Programme
- World Aquatics Convention