DWS 2014 - Beijing Day 3 Preview
Preview Diving Women's 10m Platform
• Chen Ruolin (CHN) has dominated this event with 16 victories in an event that has been staged 27 times at the World Series. Chen will only take part in the Synchro event in Beijing.
• Liu Huixia (CHN) flies the flag for China in this event. She has won it once in a World Series meeting, in Guadalajara on 19 May 2013.
• All six legs of this event at the 2013 World Series were won by Chinese divers, three by Si Yajie, two by Chen Ruolin and one by Liu Huixia.
• The last non-Chinese diver to win this event at the World Series was Paola Espinosa (MEX), who triumphed in Tijuana in 2012. This snapped a run of 15 consecutive Chinese triumphs, a streak that was preceded by another two Espinosa victories. She is the only non-Chinese diver to have won this event.
• Mexico will now be represented by Alejandra Orozco (MEX) who finished second in the most recent World Series meeting, in Guadalajara on 26 May 2013.
• Great Britain has won one medal this event at the World Series as Tonia Couch (GBR) claimed bronze in the last meeting last year and will be represented by two divers in Beijing, Sarah Barrow (GBR) and Couch.
Preview Diving Men's 10m Platform
• Chinese divers have won this event on 25 out of 27 occasions on which it was staged at the World Series.
• Only Great Britain has managed to challenge China's domination of this event at a World Series meeting. Tom Daley (GBR) won this event in Tijuana in 2012 and in Edinburgh in 2013.
• Daley's first triumph came after 20 successive victories by Chinese divers in this event.
• China's success in this event has yet to translate to the Olympic arena. In 2008, Chinese divers won gold in all eight events, except this one, as Matthew Mitcham (AUS) took the honours. In London in 2012, David Boudia (USA) collected the gold. The last Chinese diver to win this event at the Olympic Games was Hui Jia (CHN) in Athens in 2004.
• Qiu Bo leads all divers in victories in this event at the World Series (11). He won the two most recent meetings, both in 2013 and both in Guadalajara, Mexico. He also won nine in a row from 2010 to 2012, a run that ended with a triumph in Beijing.
• Last year, Lin Yue (CHN) emerged victorious in the Beijing leg of this event at the World Series. He would later add victories in Dubai and Moscow to raise his career total of victories in the men's 10m platform to five. Only Qiu (11 victories) and Zhou Luxin (6) have more wins in this event than Lin.
• In terms of total medals, Daley (nine podium finishes) is the closest rival of Qiu (14 medals). Boudia has collected most medals (six) in this event without pocketing a single gold.
• Qui can win this event for the third time in Beijing as he was also victorious in 2011 and 2012. No diver has yet won the men's 10m platform three times at the same venue.