PR 59 - FINA Bureau Meeting
Barcelona (ESP), August 2, 2013 - The first meeting of the FINA newly appointed Bureau for the period 2013-2017 took place in Barcelona (ESP), and was highlighted by the following decisions:
- Nomination under FINA Constitution Rule C 17.1.8 of new Bureau Member Jesus Mena, from Mexico.
FINA Constitution Rule C.17.1.8 states: “The FINA Bureau shall have the right to co-opt a representative from the Member where the next Olympic Games and/or World Championships will be held. This representative shall be a member of the FINA Bureau without vote. This rule shall not apply if such a Member has already a representative in the FINA Bureau”.
The FINA World Championships in 2017 will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Nomination of the FINA Committees for the period 2013-2017. The complete list can be found here.
- Approval of the FINA Technical Swimming Committee recommendation to make mandatory the use of 10 lanes for preliminaries at the FINA World Championships and FINA World Swimming Championships (25m).
- Approval of dates for the 2014 FINA World Aquatics Convention (November 29 – December 1) and of the 12th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m), also in 2014, from December 3-7. Both events will be organised in Doha (QAT).
- Approval of date for the 2nd FINA World Junior Open Water Swimming Championships, in Eilat (ISR): August 28-30, 2014
- Approval of date for the FINA World Junior Synchro Championships, in Tampere (FIN): October 22-26, 2014.