BCN 2013 - Health services
1. Health Services general information
The Organising Committee has created a health coordination service that will be made available 24 hours a day beginning with the first day of training of the different disciplines. The Health Coordination Centre (CECOS) is located in the Olympic Stadium and will be the headquarters for managing all the clinics, ambulances and First Aid assistances. The telephone number of this coordination centre will be communicated to all delegations in the Team Accreditation Centre and the Sports Medicine Committee meetings.
The following services will be managed from the facility:
Ambulance service coordinator
Red Cross coordinator
After hours emergency
The Organising Committee's medical services is working prior to the arrival of the delegations on the organisation and follow up of:
- Monitoring all the hotels where the participants, media, VIPs and Organisation will be staying as they are included in the scope of the implementation of the Sanitary Control Program for drinking water supply and the program for the prevention and control of Legionella: these inspections will be carried out by the Public Health Agency of Catalonia. These programs aim to prevent occurrences of waterborne outbreaks and facilities at risk of spreading Legionella in tourist accommodation.
- Monitoring the hotel menus. In collaboration with the Department of Nutrition of the Sant Cugat High Performance Centre the hotels will be directed as to what composition of nutrients to offer the participants, with the objective of covering all necessities, respecting all religious and/or special diets (Gluten-free – Vegetarians). Additionally hotels will be reminded that they need to provide special dietary care to those who celebrate Ramadan.
- Continuous monitoring of Port Vell water quality control. In close collaboration with the Department of the Barcelona Port Environment and the Environmental Intervention and Quality Unit of the Public Health Agency testing of the quality of the Port Vell water continues to be conducted through periodic analysis, which confirm the cleanliness and adequacy of the space for open water competition.
2. Medical import
We are pleased to inform you about the temporary importation of medical devices and pharmaceutical products that the 15 FINA World Championships Barcelona 2013 has agreed with the local authorities.
All Member Federations participating in Championships must submit an application listing all medical products and devices (including the contents of team physician bags) that will be imported to Spain. Prior official authorization is needed to enter goods to the host country; otherwise it can be refused or its import can suffer significant delays.
In case there is a product or medicine that could be not admitted, you will be duly informed. We kindly ask you to provide us an e-mail address where we can inform you of the authorization or not of the products.
The document authorizing the entry will stay in hands of BCN2013 and will be available for the teams at their arrival to the airport for their presentation in customs, if necessary.
It is very important that you take in account three fundamental aspects:
1) The deadline to receive the application listings to
, will be the 60 days prior the material arrival in Spain.
2) From this date on, the LOC will be not able to solve the problems that may arise at airport customs.
3) The First Aid Kit must arrive in the same flight of the people in charge of it.
- Kazan 2015
- Barcelona 2013
- Water Polo
- Open Water
- High Diving
- FINA Congresses
- General Info