PR 78 - FINA and Malmsten renew partnership
Lausanne (SUI), December 9, 2012 – FINA is pleased to confirm the appointment of Malmsten AB as an exclusive Official FINA Supplier for the period 2013–2016.
Malmsten AB has been the exclusive Official FINA Supplier of Racing Lanes for Swimming & Open Water Swimming, Water Polo Field of Play Markings, Goals & Nets, Referee Catwalks and Ball Release Systems since 2009. The extension of this agreement expresses the confidence FINA has in Malmsten AB and its products for use at FINA competitions.
Malmsten AB products have been exclusively used at these FINA events:
• 13th FINA World Championships - Rome 2009
• 10th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) – Dubai 2010
• 14th FINA World Championships – Shanghai 2011
• 11th FINA World Swimming championships (25m) – Istanbul 2012
and will also be used at the following FINA events in the future:
• 15th FINA World Championships – Barcelona 2013
• 12th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) – Doha 2014
• 16th FINA World Championships – Kazan 2015
• 13th FINA World Swimming championships (25m) – 2016 (location to be confirmed)
FINA also requires the use of Malmsten AB equipment for the Aquatics events of the Olympic Games.
"FINA is extremely happy to renew this partnership with Malmsten. The quality of their products and their efficiency are certainly well appreciated by our athletes and decisively help in the success of the FINA events," said FINA President Dr. Julio C. Maglione.
"Malmsten AB is proud to continue as an Official FINA Supplier and is confident of the quality its equipment, which meet all of FINA’s Rules & Regulations and the expectations of the competitors and coaches participating in FINA competitions around the world," considered Margareta Malmsten, CEO of the company.