BCN 2013 - Swimwear and Advertising
The swimwear (swimsuit, cap and goggles) of all competitors shall be in good moral taste and suitable for the individual sports disciplines and not to carry any symbol which may be considered offensive (GR 5.1).
All swimsuits shall be not-transparent (GR 5.2).
The referee of a competition has the authority to exclude any competitor whose swimwear or body symbols do not comply with this rule (GR 5.3).
Before any swimwear of new design, construction or material is used in competition; the manufacturer of such swimwear must submit the swimwear to FINA and obtain approval of FINA (GR 5.4).
All swimwear used at Olympic Games and FINA Events (pool and open water competitions) shall be swimwear approved by FINA in accordance with the rules and procedures set forth in the FINA Requirements for Swimwear Approval (FRSA) issued by the FINA bureau and valid on the date of approval. Following an approval process conducted by the Swimwear Approval Commission, a list of approved swimwear is published by FINA (the Approved List) each year. The Approved List is published each year before December 31 and is valid starting from January 1 of the subsequent year (BL 8.1).
In swimming competitions the competitor must wear only one swimsuit in one or two pieces. No additional items, like arm bands or leg bands shall be regarded as parts of a swimsuit (BL 8.2).
Swimwear for men shall not extend above the navel nor below the knee, and for women, shall not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor shall extend below knee. All swimsuits shall be made from textile materials (BL 8.3). Open Water swimwear for both men and women shall not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor shall extend below the ankle. All Open Water swimsuits shall comply with the DINA criteria for Materials and Approval procedures (BL 8.4).
2.1 Swimsuits (BL 7.1.1)
• One (1) manufacturer’s logo of a maximum size of 30 square centimetres when worn. Where one-piece body suits are used, two (2) logos of the manufacturer shall be permitted, one above the waist and one below the waist of a maximum size of 30 square centimetres each when worn. These two (2) logos of the manufacturer shall be not placed immediately adjacent to each other. Where two-pieces body suits are used, the two (2) logos of the manufacturer shall be placed on one part each.
• One (1) flag and one (1) country name or code of a maximum of 30 square centimetres when worn.
• One (1) sponsor’s logo of a maximum of 30 square centimetres when worn.
2.2 Caps (BL 7.1.2)
• One (1) manufacturer’s logo of a maximum of 20 square centimetres on the front.
• One (1) FINA Partner’s logo of the size decided by FINA from case to case. The side on which the Partner’s logo shall be printed will be advised by FINA.
• One (1) flag and/or country name (code) of the size of 32 square centimetres. The side on which the flag and country name (code) shall be printed will be advised by FINA.
• Athlete’s name of the size of 20 square centimetres. The athlete’s name shall be printed on the same side as the flag and country name (code).
2.3 Goggles (BL 7.1.3)
• Two (2) manufacturer logos of a maximum 6 square centimetres are allowed on goggles but only on the spectacle frame or band.
2.4 Athletes bibs (BL 7.1.4)
• The maximum size of the bibs shall be 24 cm (width) x 20 cm (height).
• The height of the digits on the bibs shall be no less than 6 cm and no more than 10 cm.
• The maximum height of the identification above the digits shall be 6 cm. The identification may display the name/logo of a Sponsor.
• The maximum height of the identification below the digits shall be 4 cm. The identification may display the name/logo of the Host city.
• The bibs shall be printed in suitable colours in order to ensure maximum visibility of the digits.
• The bibs must be worn fully visible during Athletes’ introduction and award ceremonies.
An athlete removing the bib before being presented at the start of an event or before completion of the victory ceremony may be disqualified.
3. Usage of the event logo and mascot “Xop”
- Permitted :
• The usage of the 15th FINA World Championships Barcelona 2013 logo/ mascot is allowed only on apparel of the Speedo brand, which is the official FINA Partner.
• should your apparel have no apparent manufacturer’s branding on it, the usage of the 15th FINA World Championships Barcelona 2013 logo/mascot is allowed. Nevertheless the design and logo/mascot position shall be submitted to FINA for prior approval.
- Not permitted :
• the usage of the 15th FINA World Championships Barcelona 2013 logo/mascot is not allowed on any other branded apparel or any other items.
Please find additional information about the approval procedure for the use of the logo/mascot in this document