Istanbul 2012 - Advertising Rules
Please find below some information in relation to the official swimming caps to be produced for and worn by athletes with the occasion of the 11th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) to be held in Istanbul (TUR) from 12th to 16th December 2012.
All manufacturers sponsoring and/or supplying swimwear equipment to FINA National Member Federations have to produce the swimming caps for the respective Federation in accordance with the following design template and the specifications set out below.
These rules are based on the FINA Rule BL 7.1.2 (caps) as per the FINA Handbook 2009 – 2013, revised version of January 2012:
- One (1) manufacturer’s logo of a maximum size of 20cm2 (when the cap is not being worn) on the front
1. The FINA Partner logo from Yakult shall be of 20cm2 (H22.5mm x W90mm) size. Please refer to the FINA Generic Cap Rules
2. The FINA Partner logo from Yakult shall be printed in red (Pantone:199C) on a white background (box)
- One (1) flag and country name (code) of the size of 32cm2 on the left side of the cap
- The athlete’s name of the size of 20cm2 on the left side of the cap
Please take the necessary steps to produce the official swimming caps for the 11th FINA World Swimming Championships (25m) Istanbul 2012, in accordance with the FINA Rules set out above.
Please note that FINA will provide caps (without swimmer’s name, flag and country code) free of charge to swimmers not receiving swimwear from any manufacturer through an agreement with his/her FINA National Member Federation. Each swimmer will receive up to 1 (one) cap only which will have to last for the whole duration of the competition.
We would appreciate receiving layouts of your company’s application of this design template for review no later than one month prior to the start of the competitions.
However we kindly remind you that the final approval is always made in the call room by the officials directly on-site.
o have the swimming caps layouts pre-reviewed and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the FINA Marketing Department (see contact details in memo below).
- Doha 2014