Barcelona 2013 - Swimming Qualifying Procedure
Please find below important information relating to the athletes' participation in SWIMMING competitions at the 15th FINA World Championships to be held in Barcelona (ESP) on July 19 - August 4, 2013.
As it was done for Shanghai 2011, a qualifying procedure with A and B standard time will be implemented for Barcelona 2013.
1. FINA “A” & “B” SWIMMING QUALIFYING TIME STANDARDS
If a National Federation enters only one (1) swimmer per event all swimmers entered must meet the qualifying B standard time. If two (2) swimmers are entered in the same event, both of them must meet the qualifying A standard time.
Federations may enter swimmers regardless of standard time as follows:
- having no swimmer qualified: two (2) men and two (2) women;*
- having one (1) or two (2) swimmers qualified, additional swimmers up to a maximum of four (4) swimmers (two (2) men and two (2) women);*
- having three (3) swimmers qualified one (1) additional swimmer provided that both genders are represented.*
* Note - Please refer to new FINA Rule BL 184.108.40.206
Swimmers entered without qualifying time must have participated in the National Championships of the Federation. These swimmers will be allowed to enter in two (2) events each.
Relays: 4x100m Freestyle, 4x200m Freestyle, 4x100m Medley - Men & Women.
- Each Member Federation may enter only one (1) team in each relay event
|Men's Standard||Women's Standard|
|A – 2 Entries||B – 1 Entry||A – 2 Entries||B – 1 Entry|
|00.22,33||00.23,11||50 m Freestyle||00.25,34||00.26,29|
|00.48,93||00.50,64||100 m Freestyle||00.54,86||00.56,78|
|01.48,42||01.52,21||200 m Freestyle||01.58,74||02.02,90|
|3.49,55||3.57,58||400 m Freestyle||4.09,81||4.18,55|
|7.59,06||8.15,83||800 m Freestyle||8.34,33||8.52,33|
|15.14,38||15.46,38||1500 m Freestyle||16.26,36||17.00,88|
|0.25,43||0.26,32||50 m Backstroke||0.28,84||0.29,85|
|0.54,43||0.56,34||100 m Backstroke||1.01,39||1.03,54|
|1.58,48||2.02,63||200 m Backstroke||2.11,09||2.15,68|
|0.28,00||0.28,98||50 m Breaststroke||0.32,00||0.33,12|
|1.00,86||1.02,99||100 m Breaststroke||1.08,63||1.11,03|
|2.12,78||2.17,43||200 m Breaststroke||2.27,88||2.33,06|
|0.23,96||0.24,80||50 m Butterfly||0.26,83||0.27,77|
|0.52,57||0.54,41||100 m Butterfly||0.58,89||1.00,95|
|1.57,03||2.01,13||200 m Butterfly||2.09,38||2.13,91|
|1.59,99||2.04,19||200 m Ind. Medley||2.14,97||2.19,69|
|4.18,99||4.28,05||400 m Ind. Medley||4.44,53||4.54,49|
|1 Team||4 x 100 m Freestyle||1 Team|
|1 Team||4 x 200 m Freestyle||1 Team|
|1 Team||4 x 100 m Medley||1 Team|
2. QUALIFYING PERIOD
The swimming qualifying time standards must be obtained at any of the competitions specified below during the following period:
Qualification period: 01 July 2012 – 01 July 2013
3. QUALIFYING EVENTS:
- Continental Championships 2012 and 2013
- International Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
- National Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
Only swimming qualifying times achieved at competitions approved by FINA can be accepted as entry times for the 15th FINA World Championships - Barcelona 2013.
4. APPLICATION FOR QUALIFYING EVENTS
If your Federation will organise an International Competition or a National Qualifying Meet where the swimmers could achieve the FINA “A” and “B” Qualifying Standard Times, please fill out the attached “Application Form” and return it to the FINA Office in Lausanne (SUI) as soon as possible but no later than 31st December 2012.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION FOR A NATIONAL AND/OR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION WILL BE CONSIDERED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
We would like to draw your attention to the following:
- it is very important to indicate on the “Application Form” the INFORMATION ON THE TIMING SYSTEM to be used at the competitions to be organised by the National Federations where the swimmers could achieve the FINA “A” and “B” Qualifying Standard Times.
- FINA will ONLY recognise the swimming competitions where referees and starters included on the FINA Swimming Officials Lists N° 15 and N° 16 are officiating for the competitions held in 2012 and FINA Swimming Officials Lists N° 16 and N° 17 (valid from the 1st of January 2013) the competitions held in 2013.
- In order for FINA to endorse the Swimming Qualifying Time Standards achieved at approved competitions, the National Federation / Organiser must send to the FINA Office in Lausanne (SUI) the official results both in pdf and in electronic format (either Lenex or Hy-Tek cl2) IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE COMPETITION.