Head Coaching Position for Sri Lanka National Swim Team
HEAD COACHING POSITION TO TRAIN SRI LANKA NATIONAL SQUAD FOR SOUTH ASIAN GAMES 2013
The Sri Lanka Aquatic Sports Union is seeking applications from experienced coaches with a proven track record to train its national squad for the South Asian Games 2013 proposed to be held in February 2013 in New Delhi, India.
The ideal coach should also be a person who can understand the local training environment and resources and adapt a programme to suit the local context aimed at improving performance.
Specific details of the position below:
Position: Head Consultant Coach
The ideal candidate would be a coach with Level 5 ASCA or similar certification with a proven track record of training elite swimming squads at a state/country level.
- Identify training needs and conduct suitable training programme for national swimmers.
- Share knowledge among swimmers on long-term conditioning.
- Conduct limited visits of amateur elite squads and work with the coaches on sharing knowledge on training approaches.
- Conduct training camps inclusive of swimmers training outside in preparation for the South Asian Games 2013.
- Act in a consultative capacity to the Selection Committee and work with local assistant coaches for the national squad.
The coaching assignment will be for a period of eight (08) months from July 2013 to February 2014.
A pay commensurate with experience will be negotiated in addition to economy airfare, food, lodging and transport to venues.
SRI LANKA AQUATIC SPORTS UNION
4 1/1 Thimbirigasyaya Place
- FINA Bureau
- Technical Committees
- Masters Committee
- High Diving Commission
- Sports Medicine Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Doping Panel
- Disciplinary Panel
- Ethics Panel
- Athletes Committee
- Coaches Committee
- Media Committee
- National Federations Relations Committee
- Legal Committee
- Swimwear Approval Committee
- FINA Certified Coaches
- Diving Judges Login
- National Federations
- FINA Office
- FINA Anthem