London 2012 - Advertising Rules
Please refer to both the General Guidelines of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the Specific Rules according to discipline as per below.
GENERAL IOC GUIDELINES FOR THE APPLICATION OF MANUFACTURER IDENTIFICATION
|One identification of the manufacturer per clothing item will be permitted, to a maximum size of 20cm2 when worn.|
|Exception: where one-piece body suits are used in competition, one identification of the manufacturer shall be permitted above the waist and one below the waist, each to be no larger than the maximum size noted above, however these identifications shall not be placed immediately adjacent to each other.|
|One identification of the manufacturer per accessory item will be permitted, to a maximum size of 6 cm2.|
One identification of the manufacturer per accessory item will be permitted, to a maximum size of 6 cm2 and placed above either one of the ears.
Exception: for swim caps, the flag or the country code will be permitted to a maximum size of 32 cm2. An athlete's name will also be permitted, printed on the same side as the flag or the country code, and to a maximum size of 20 cm2.
|Eyewear||One identification of the manufacturer per accessory item will be permitted, to a maximum size of 6 cm2; alternatively, two identifications of the manufacturer will be permitted, placed one on each arm and to a maximum size of 3 cm2 each.|
|Bag||One identification of the manufacturer per equipment item will be permitted, not greater than 10% of the surface area of the item, to a maximum size of 60 cm2.|
|Shoes||All footwear items may carry the Identification as generally used on products through the retail trade during the period of 12 months prior to the Games.|
> Detailed IOC Guidelines regarding Authorised Identifications (General IOC guidelines including FINA Sports on page 25)
SPECIFIC RULES ACCORDING TO DISCIPLINE
The National Federations/NOCs may choose from one of the two following options:
- the country flag or the country code will be permitted to a maximum size of 32 cm2. An athlete’s name will also be permitted, printed on the same side as the country flag or the country code, and to a maximum size of 20 cm2.
|OPEN WATER SWIMMING|
|Open Water Swimming Caps|
|- One (1) manufacturer’s logo of a maximum of 6 square centimetres on the FRONT of the cap.
- One (1) country code of the size of 32 square centimetres on each side of the cap. In addition to the country code, the country flag or NOC emblem can also be added (included in the 32 square centimetres total surface).
No other identifications will be permitted on the Olympic open water swimming caps.
A. Women’s Water Polo Competition:
- Each team must wear swimsuits/costumes (wide straps, high legs, zip back) with underwear beneath the suit. No other swimsuits/costumes will be permitted to be worn. See example on the right.
B. Men’s Water Polo Competition:
- Each team must wear swimsuits/costumes of the same colour and design, with underwear beneath the suit.
Women's suit example:
|Water Polo Caps|
- Water polo caps must be either all white or all blue. However, should participating Federations have caps in their national colours then they will be able to wear them but in this instance an additional set must be provided by each team.
B. Country Code and National Flag:
- Caps shall be numbered on both sides with numbers 0.10 metres in height.
C. Set of caps:
- All participating teams are required to have available one or two additional sets of water polo caps, to be the same as the one used in the competition.
A. Number on bench:
- A total of nine (9) persons only will be allowed on the team bench, namely three (3) officials and six (6) substitutes.
B. Dress on bench:
- All officials must be attired similarly in official team uniform. Please note that shorts and/or sport uniforms will not be allowed.
- One (1) identification of the manufacturer per clothing item will be permitted to a maximum size of 20 square centimetres when worn.
B. Pool Deck Equipment:
- Towels: One identification of the manufacturer per accessory item will be permitted, to a maximum size of 6 cm2.
C. Body Advertisement:
- Body advertisement is not allowed in any way whatsoever.
- The usage of Kinesiology Tape to assist and support musculoskeletal conditions is permitted however to avoid the usage of different colour tapes only "nude" colour tape is sanctioned.
- -- back to Rio 2016
- London 2012
- Marathon Swimming
- Water Polo
- Synchronised Swimming