C 14 CONTINENTAL ORGANISATIONS
C 14.1 The following continental organisations are recognised by FINA:
• Confédération Africaine de Natation (CANA)
• Union Americana de Natacion (UANA)
• Asian Swimming Federation (AASF)
• Ligue Européenne de Natation (LEN)
• Oceania Swimming Association (OSA)
provided their statutes comply with the conditions in C 14.2
C 14.2 The Constitution of Continental Associations must be approved by the Bureau to ensure that it is not in conflict with that of FINA. Any change must be submitted to FINA for approval.
C 14.3 Championships/Games FINA Sanction
Continental and Regional Organisations must before announcing dates and place for Championships/Games seek sanction by FINA. The FINA sanction shall include the following approvals:
- Dates for the Championships/Games
- Competition programmes.
- Doping control organization.
- Any modifications of the FINA rules and requirements.
The approval shall include the conditions and requirements in accordance with the FINA Rules and Regulation, whilst the appointment of FINA Delegate(s) shall be granted by the FINA Executive. All competitors must comply with FINA eligibility rules.