Antidoping - Whereabouts
The new FINA Doping Control Rules are based on the World Anti-Doping Code to be in force from 1st January 2009.
An athlete in the FINA Registered Testing Pool (RTP) is required to make a quarterly Whereabouts Filing that provides accurate and complete information about the Athlete’s whereabouts during the forthcoming quarter.
Athletes must submit a complete whereabouts information including, at a minimum, the following:
• personal information: full name, sport, email address, etc.
• for each day during the following quarter, the full address of the place where the Athlete will be residing (e.g. home, temporary lodgings, hotel, etc);
• training locations and times: primary and secondary training location(s) as well as other locations where they regularly train (e.g., pool, national sport centre, etc.).
• training camps and competitions (dates, locations, temporary addresses, etc.)
• other regular activities: location where they will typically have other commitments such as work and/or school/college/university classes.
60-min time slot
In addition, athletes must include one 60-minute time slot between 6:00 a.m. (06:00) and 11 p.m. (23:00) during which they will be available and accessible for testing at a specified location for each day of the quarter. This 60-minute time slot does not limit in any way their obligation to be available for testing at any time or place.
Whereabouts Filings must be submitted to FINA by the following deadlines:
• Quarter 1-2013 – Monday 7th January 2013
• Quarter 2-2013 – Monday 1st April 2013
• Quarter 3-2013 – Monday 1st July 2013
• Quarter 4-2013 – Monday 7th October 2013
For exceptional circumstances (e.g. Internet not working, ADAMS on maintenance), athletes can use the dedicated fax (+41 21 310 18 97) or email (
) to submit their update.
The Web-based functionality ADAMS allows athletes to comply with the whereabouts rules of their sport by entering their information from anywhere in the world. Additionally, ADAMS supports the delegation of this responsibility to an authorized representative such as team manager, agent or other third party. Athletes can also modify their whereabouts through the use of SMS messaging to ADAMS. The system is available in various languages (English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Dutch, German, Japanese, etc.).
Athlete can login into ADAMS and find some help on:
Tutorial videos are available in English and French on youtube: